Tuesday, May 27, 2014
- PK-45-Migistrate First Class Notification
- Re-Tender Notice
- Hearing about delimitation in SC
- Nomination Forms of Returned Candidates with Annexures
- Statements of Assets and Liabilites of Parliamentarians for Financial Year 2012-2013
- Zabta-e-Ikhlaq LGE
- Strategic Plan Progress Nineth Report(May10-Jun13)
Posted on 10:35 AM
Wednesday, May 14, 2014
Posted on 10:48 AM
Saturday, May 3, 2014
Assests & Resources
- Pakistan has sixth largest population in the world.
- Pakistan has world’s largest irrigation system.
- Khewra salt mine, the second largest salt mine in the world is in Pakistan.
- Pakistan holds four out of fourteen highest peaks in the world. K2 is the second highest mountain in the world.
- The world’s largest deep sea port, Gawadar is in Pakistan.
- Thar Desert, one of the largest deserts, is in Pakistan.
- World’s highest Polo ground is in Pakistan where Shundur Polo festival is being organized.
- Edhi is running one of the World’s largest Ambulance network.
- The highest railway station of Asia is in Pakistan.
- Karakoram Highway runs through the northern areas connecting Pakistan with China’s Xingjiang province is often described as ” Eighth Wonder of the World” due to the marvel of civil engineering as it has taken 15 years to complete by the Pakistan Army Engineers in collaboration with China. It’s been labeled as “World’s highest paved international Road” under World’s toughest terrain.
- Thar Coal reserves are estimated to be 850 Trillion Cubic Feet. There is enough coal in Pakistan's Thar area that it can be used to generate power for the next 100 years without relying on other power sources
- The mineral resource at Reko Diq (Balouchistan) is estimated at 5.9 billion tonnes with an average copper grade of 0.41% and an average gold grade of 0.22 g/tonne.
Power & Strength
- Pakistan is ninth super-power nation of the world.
- Pakistan is the 34th largest nation of the world by Area
- The economy of Pakistan is the 26th largest in the world in terms of purchasing power parity (PPP)
- Pakistani armed forces are internationally ranked sixth largest in the world by 2010.
- Sixth nuclear power of the world.
- Pakistan is notable for having one of the best trained airforce pilots in the world.
- Air Commodore MM ALAM (Late) has a world record of shooting down 5 planes in less than a Minute.
- The country is listed among the "Next Eleven" economies.
Education & Achievements
- Pakistan has seventh largest collection of scientists and engineers.
- Pakistan has world's youngest civil judge, Muhammad Illyas.
- World’s youngest certified Microsoft Experts Arfa Kareem (Late) and Babar Iqbal are from Pakistan.
- Dr. Abdus Salam – Nobel Prize winner (Physics 1979).
- LUMS (Lahore University of Management Sciences) attracts students from Middle East, the Far East, Central Asia, and other parts of South Asia.
- Ustaad Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan hailed as the most important Qawwali singer of the 20th century and received many awards around the globe such as The “Legends” award at the UK Asian Music Awards (2005).
Pakistan is one of the world's largest producers of the following commodities according to FAOSTAT, the statistical arm of the Food and Agriculture Organisation of The United Nations, given here with the 2008 ranking:
- Pakistan is the world's third largest producer of Apricot
- Pakistan is the world's second largest producer of Buffalo Milk
- Pakistan is the world's third largest producer of Chickpea
- Pakistan is the world's fourth largest producer of Cotton, lint
- Pakistan is the world's third largest producer of Cotton, Seed
- Pakistan is the world's fifth largest producer of Dates
- Pakistan is the world's sixth largest producer of Mango
- Pakistan is the world's fourth largest producer of Onion, dry
- Pakistan is the world's eleventh largest producer of Oranges
- Pakistan is the world's eleventh largest producer of Rice,paddy
- Pakistan is the world's fifth largest producer of Sugarcane
- Pakistan is the world's ninth largest producer of Tangerines, mandarin orange, clementine
- Pakistan is the world's tenth largest producer of Wheat
- Pakistan’s national anthem tune ranks first in the top three tunes of the world.
- Pakistan is the only Muslim nuclear power.
- The second largest Muslim population in the world after Indonesia.
- About 50% of the world's footballs are made in Pakistan.
- One of the oldest civilizations in history, Mohenjo Daro is in Pakistan.
- First PC virus was created by two Pakistani brothers. (Maybe not something to be very proud of, but it still might have required an impressive level of intellect to do so).
- The Shah Faisal Mosque in Islamabad can accommodate almost 100,000 worshipers. Completed in 1976, it could at that time probably hold the city’s entire population.
Pakistan is a founding member of:
- Islamic Conference (now the Organisation of Islamic Cooperation),
- South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation,
- Developing 8 Countries and
- The Economic Cooperation Organization.
Posted on 9:26 AM
Monday, April 28, 2014
- Notification(PP-107 Hafizabad - III)
- Programme (Bye Election PP-107)
- Notification(PK-90 Chitral-II)
- Programme (Bye Election PP-136)
- RO/DRO PP-136
- LG Schedule Balochistan (Reserved Seats)
- Appellate Authorities LG Balochistan
- Notification(NA-89 Jhang)
- Repoll NA-202
- RO/DRO (Bye Election NA-202)
- Programme (Bye Election NA-46)
- RO/DRO NA-46
- Programme (Bye Election PP-259)
- RO/DRO PP-259
Posted on 11:58 AM
Wednesday, April 16, 2014
New Website for KP Assembly Launched at http://www.pakp.gov.pk/2013
Browsing through government websites is usually a testing if not traumatizing experience as one has to wade through a clutter of information only to not find what you are looking for in the end. However, the Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa Assembly’s newly-launched website with systematically arranged and updated information is a pleasant surprise with interesting info-graphics and details about assembly business.
The new website of the assembly was launched on April 11 and contains a treasure trove of updated information about legislative and non-legislative business of the house, its workings and members. "We have attempted to bring uniqueness in every aspect,” said the assembly’s additional secretary and director IT Attaullah Khan while talking to The Express Tribune.
Khan said they have made a basic structure and will work on it further for two to three months to make it a ‘masterpiece’. The site will also offer a virtual tour of the assembly.
Posted on 4:09 PM
Sunday, April 13, 2014
Posted on 3:21 PM
Saturday, April 12, 2014
ISLAMABAD: The Supreme Court of Pakistan on Monday issued a detailed verdict regarding Local Body (LB) elections in Punjab to be held by November 19.
The verdict comprising of 16 pages was issued by the Chief Justice (CJ) Tassaduq Hussain Jillani, in which the Government of Punjab was directed to take steps for holding LB elections in the province by November 19.
He also urged for an amendment in the Punjab Local Government Act in this regard.
The SC declared the conduct of LB elections as the responsibility of the Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) and these polls not being held in the country for 9 years is a violation of constitution, whose continuity cannot be allowed.
Posted on 11:11 AM
ISLAMABAD - Retaining the same views expressed in Sindh local government elections case, the Supreme Court Friday again directed the federal government to make necessary laws to empower the Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) to carry out delimitation of constituencies in Punjab as well.
Allowing the appeal of the ECP against the Lahore High Court judgement, the SC directed the Punjab government to make corresponding amendments in the Punjab Local Government Act, 2013.
The detailed judgement authored by Chief Justice Tassaduq Hussain Jillani ruled that the Election Commission shall, thereafter, proceed to carry out the delimitation of constituencies in Punjab afresh.
Posted on 11:00 AM
Monday, March 24, 2014
Posted on 1:51 PM
Sunday, March 16, 2014
2013 elections (91) ali gillani kidnaped (2) altaf hussain (2) asif zardari (2) code of conduct (2) contesting candidates (1) ecp (30) Election Commision has Announced the General Election 2013 Schedule (2) election commision of pakistan (1) election pakistan (12) electoral rolls 2012 (3) electronic voting (1) ELIGIBILITY TO BE A VOTER (1) geo news (1) history of pakistani elections (2) How to verify your vote (2) imran khan (22) Imran vows to award 25pc party tickets to youth (1) Imran Vs.Sarfaraz at NA-126 (1) Interesting Facts about Women Politicians (1) LAST DAY OF GOVT. (1) Latest LG (Punjab) (1) Latest LG (Sindh) (2) Latest News Election Comission (5) LG (5) LIST OF DISTRICT RETURING OFFICER (1) mqm (2) najam sethi (1) national assembly (4) nawaz sharif (4) opinion polls (1) Overseas Pakistanis (1) pakistan past elections (1) pakistan tehreek e insaf (3) pakistani election 2013 (15) pakistani voters (4) party manifesto (3) party symbols (3) Party tickets: PTI (5) pervez musharaf (1) pml (2) PML (N) Manifesto (1) PML (Q) Manifesto (1) pml n (5) pml q (1) political columns (1) political parties of pakistan (9) PPP (3) PPP unveils polls manifesto (1) pti (27) pti election campaign (1) pti facebook app. (1) pti iphone app (1) PTI Jalsa at Minaar-e-Pakistan (2) pti kpk (3) PTI Launches Android app (1) pti project launch (2) Report on the five years performance of the lower house. (1) results (2) Revised schedule (1) Sindh Govt (1) summary registered voters (1) top leaders (1) voter education material (1) voter registeration (1) voters (1)